Apple has announced changes with iOS 14 that affect how Facebook receives and processes some conversion events from Facebook Pixel and Conversions API.
A key impact of this change is that all Shopify merchants or brand advertisers will be limited to the use of 8 conversion events per domain that can be used for optimization. Domain verification is the method that establishes which Business Manager account has the authority to configure and prioritize the 8 available
conversion events for a given domain. It also prevents the situation where
multiple Business Manager accounts can edit this configuration at the
How to verify your domain?
Domain verification should be done in the domain owner’s Business Manager account and not an agency or partner’s Business Manager account. Once the domain owner has verified their domain, they will be able to configure their top 8 conversion events for pixels that they own. Similarly, users from their agency or partner who have admin access to the owner’s Business Manager account can also configure the events.
You can go to Domains of Brand Safety in your Facebook Business Manager Settings (https://business.facebook.com/settings/owned-domains) and follow the instructions to complete the DNS verification as shown below:
Prepare to define the priority of a maximum of 8 conversion events per domain
Starting in early 2021, every domain with existing conversion events will be auto-configured with up to 8 conversion events based on campaign spend within the last 28 days. All ad sets optimising for events outside the 8 conversion events auto-configured will be paused. We recommend identifying the 8 events most important to critical business outcomes and assessing if changes need to be made to campaign
or measurement strategy.
How to configure your 8 conversion events?
1. Go to your Facebook Events Manager.
2. Click the Aggregated Event Measurement tab
3. Click the Configure Web Events button and view the Web Event Configurations
4. Click Verify Domain button for each domain. If you’ve already verified your domain as described in the above section, you can skip to the next step. If you can’t edit events because another business owns the domain, contact the domain owner for assistance.
5. Click Manage Events and Edit
6. Click Add Event and select your pixel or custom conversion under Pixel / Custom Conversion.
7. Choose the event you want to configure under Event Name.
8. If you choose a purchase event, you have the option to toggle Value Optimization on or off.
Note: You must turn on Value Optimization in your configuration if you want to use value optimization in your iOS 14.5 and later ad campaigns. For optimal performance, events with value optimization turned on should be placed in higher priority slots. Learn more about value optimization.
9. Select the number of value sets you want to set up under Configured Event Usage. Learn more about value sets.
10. Review your event configurations and any impacts to your ads and ad sets. If your changes are correct, click to check the box next to I confirm this information is correct.
11. Click Apply.
12. Click Confirm.
If you'd like to see further details, please check this article to learn more: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/422408905612648
Anticipate changes to Targeting and Delivering
Default attribution windows are moving from 7-day click-through and 1-day view-through to 7-day click-through only for all conversions and catalogue sales objective campaigns. Advertisers should expect delivery to be less efficient compared to historical performance.
Facebook expects that Website Custom Audience sizes will decrease due to the loss of some events from iOS 14 users.
Advertisers using Dynamic Ads for retargeting may see performance and audience size decrease due to the loss of some events from iOS 14 users.
Anticipate changes to Measurement and Reporting
Website conversion events will be reported based on the time the conversions occur and not the time of ad impressions. Additionally, there may be a 24-48 hour delay when an offsite conversion is reported from iOS users.
Facebook will no longer be able to support 28-day click-through, 28-day view-through, and 7-day view-through attribution windows.
Enjoy Ako Retargeting and turn your visitors into customers!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Ako Retargeting App on Shopify: https://apps.shopify.com/ako-retargeting
Learn more about Akohub: https://www.akohub.com